Many of us use passcode lock timer to let us eliminate re-enter the passcode even when iPhone/iPod touch has been locked in very short period.
When you leave your iPhone/iPod touch alone, someone could see your important information without passcode.
I wrote "PasscodeLckNw (Passcode Lock Now)" utility that puts iPhone/iPod touch immediately into passcode locked.
PasscodeLckNw (Passcode Lock Now) (build #001 2009-09-22) [Download]
How to install:
- It can not be installed from App Store, sorry.
- Copy above kit to home direcotry of mobile user of iPhone/iPod touch by your favorite method.
- Log-in to iPhone/iPod touch and become root (by "su" command).
- Extract the kit at /Applications/ folder. The example command is;
cd /Applications/ ; unzip ~mobile/PasscodeLckNw-001.zipA directory /Applications/PasscodeLckNw.app/ will be created.
- Let iPhone/iPod touch recognize the application by using "respring" command or reboot.
- This is a shell-script application.
- It restarts SpringBoard process by using "killall". That is a quicker way to lock the iPhone/iPod touch than rebooting.