On Mac OS X, Notes function of Mail.app is not so quick.
You have to open the Mail, and then call New Note from File menu.
You want to take a note, but you have to open the Mail app, is not intuitive.
So, I made an utility to start taking a note with one click.
If you are using Note Sync with iPhone/iPod touch, this brings synergy.
It is very basic AppleScript applet.
Follow the steps to make it.
- Open [Applications] -> [Utilities] -> [AppleScript Editor].
- Copy and Paste following code into AppleScript Editor window.
tell application "Mail"activate
tell application "System Events"
l process "Mail"
click the menu item "New Note" of the menu "File" of menu bar 1
-- click the menu item
"新規メモ" of the menu "ファイル" of menu bar 1
- Push [Run] button to test the script. You will see the Mail.app is open and new note window is appeared.
- Then, do [File] -> [Save as], with "New Note" as file name, and specify [Application] for [File Format].
- Place the "New Note" icon created into Dock.
To change the icon of "New Note";
- Save the image at the upper right.
- Open the image with Preview app.
- Do [Edit] -> [Select All] or
- Do [Edit] -> [Copy] or
- Select "New Note" on Finder and do [File] -> [View Info] or
- Click the icon on the "New Note Info" window.
- do [Edit] -> [Paste] or
. Then the icon is replaced.